[comp.lang.prolog] tools for menu-implementation in prolog? - Windows 3

jmcn@castle.ed.ac.uk (J McNicol) (04/08/91)

In article <MARK.91Apr5171519@adler.philosophie.uni-stuttgart.de> mark@adler.philosophie.uni-stuttgart.de (Mark Johnson) writes:

>Regarding interfaces available in Mac prologs:
>
>LPA and BNR prolog's both give you the ability to do things like
>add new menus, and attach goals as event-handlers to menus and
>windows (to handle redraw requests, mouse-clicks, etc.).

I'm not quite sure whether the original request for information was
aimed at menu tools per se, or menu/natural language tools.
Obviously menus can be done in text, but graphics is swankier.

I sent the author of the request a description of how I combined
menus and (primitive!) natural language input using Prolog-2
for Windows 3.0 and a DCG grammar and reverse grammar, if anyone else
is interested in discussing such things. I have already blown
Prolog-2 for Windows' trumpet enough on this newsgroup but suffice
it to say that it allows you to do this kind of thing.

Julian Smart
Scottish Crop Research Institute
EMAIL jmcn@castle.ed.ac.uk