[net.movies] kelvin Thompson

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (07/10/85)

I am amazed at the people who are complaining about Mr. Thompson's
delightful reviews.  Due to an unfortunate break in Usenet links, I
missed the original posting for Star Wars and 1984, but just read
the one about French rip-offs.  Delightful!  So many people take
themselves so damned seriously that it's a pleasure to this netter
to see someone like this have a little fun at the expense of these
overly serious individuals.  If we call attention to his work like
this, maybe he'll write others!  I only hope he can maintain his
high level of quality and subtlety.

--Evan Marcus

P.S.  When is he going to review that horrible movie Raiders of the
Lost Ark?

--
{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

"Gonna hit the ball, and touch 'em all,
 A moment in the sun.
 It's a-gone and you can tell that one goodbye."

root@trwatf.UUCP (Lord Frith) (07/12/85)

In article <372@petfe.UUCP> evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) writes:
> I am amazed at the people who are complaining about Mr. Thompson's
> delightful reviews.  Due to an unfortunate break in Usenet links, I
> missed the original posting for Star Wars and 1984, but just read
> the one about French rip-offs.  Delightful! ... I only hope he can maintain
> his high level of quality and subtlety.

His Star Wars review was far from subtle.  About all he could do was take
potshots with the more obvious complaints and negativisms critics of
Star Wars had.  In short.... Mr. Kelvin's Star Wars article was neither
clever nor fun to read.  It was just plain dumb as tongue-in-cheek humor.
--

UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!trwatf!root	- Lord Frith
ARPA: trwatf!root@SEISMO

"There are none so blind as those that will not see"