[comp.lang.ada] SUspension of INFO-ADA

Nyberg@ADA20.ISI.EDU (Karl Nyberg) (01/23/87)

Pending the promulgation of specific policies on what is and is not
appropriate material for INFO-ADA, the mailing list is suspended
indefinitely.  Incoming mail will be reviewed on an individual basis,
and be retransmitted as I (yes, that is a capital I, for emphasis)
deem appropriate in the interim.

Comments, suggestions, recommendations, etc. are welcome.  BUT, the
policy of the sponsor (DoD) will be the final authority.

-- Karl --
-------

firth@sei.cmu.edu.UUCP (01/26/87)

In article <8701230216.AA25129@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> Nyberg@ADA20.ISI.EDU (Karl Nyberg) writes:
>Pending the promulgation of specific policies on what is and is not
>appropriate material for INFO-ADA, the mailing list is suspended
>indefinitely.  Incoming mail will be reviewed on an individual basis,
>and be retransmitted as I (yes, that is a capital I, for emphasis)
>deem appropriate in the interim.
>
>Comments, suggestions, recommendations, etc. are welcome.  BUT, the
>policy of the sponsor (DoD) will be the final authority.
>
>-- Karl --
>-------

Is this a joke?  If so, here's one reader who did not find it
all that funny.  If it is NOT a joke, just what is going on
here?  One might want to observe the "policy" of the sponsor,
but how does it follow that we aren't allowed to do anything
until the sponsor formulates a policy?  What is wrong with
the old way, ie we post what we d*mn well want and sign our
names to it?  And who made our moderator a channel of "authority"?

Robert Firth

spray@smu.UUCP (02/01/87)

Re: info-ada filtering (aka censorship):
What offensive posting started this? Surely it wasn't the discussion
about Meridian that I began? Everything I've seen recently has been fairly
bland.

"Inquiring minds want to know."

Rob Spray
Electrospace Systems Inc and S&M University
...convex!smu!spray
spray%smu@csnet-relay