[comp.lang.ada] Quick Ada Questions

keith@telesoft.UUCP.UUCP (04/01/87)

In article <8804@stroke.UUCP> you ask:
>From: sdcsvax!Xerox.COM!nosc!Felton.pa
>
>	Here are a few quick questions for you Ada programmers out there.
>
>	Does Ada support...
>
>	Procedures passed as parameters?
  Only to generics during instantiation; and whole tasks.

>	Return of multiple values from procedures?
  Yes.  Functions and out mode parameters may be of any type
  declarable in the Ada language.

>	Automatic dereferencing of pointers?
  Very automatic.

>	Monitors?
  Monitors may be implemented using tasks.  Many of the texts (Shumate,
  Buhr, Booch) refer to this.

>	Dynamically allocated arrays with length determined at run time?
  Absolutely.  Better yet, record structures may be depend upon a
  discriminant field, and have their structure altered during run time!

>	Programmer definable machine representation of data structures?
>       (i.e. specifying which bits are used to hold a given field of a record.)
  As well as specifying what location an object is considered to be
  within memory, and attaching a trap vector to a tasks entry point, and
  specifying the values used to represent the elements of a scalar
  type.

>Thanks, John

If you have more questions I would be pleased to correspond further over
mail.

Keith Allan Shillington   telesoft!keith@UCSD.ARPA   619/457-2700x388.ATT
ucbvax!sdcsvax!telesoft!keith.UUCP