[comp.lang.ada] New envelope.

Bergum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA (David Bergum) (05/13/87)

I am forwarding this in a new envelope because your mailer rejects the
"From:" field.

05/11/87  1746.9 cdt Mon (4) Network_Server.Daemon.z 0:000000 0:000000
Date: Mon, 11 May 87 12:58 EDT
From: "PSI%SNMSN1::PSI%DSAVX1::WILLY%slb-test.csnet"@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Retrieving Ada exception names under VAX/VMS
To: INFO-ADA@ADA20.ISI.EDU

The following message was sent to me by Herve BITTEUR who asked
me to forward it to INFO-ADA. Please send any direct replies to
me and I'll pass them to Herve.

Regards,

C. Scott Willy
Dowell Schlumberger
B.P. 90
42103 St-Etienne France
77.32.64.23
WILLY%M_DSAVX1%SLB-DOLL.CSNET@RELAY.CS.NET
-------------------------------cut here-------------------------------------
          I guess somebody has already developed the tool I need to implement
a general 'error_handler' in an Ada application.
          This application is a real-time one, it uses about 40 Ada tasks.
          I would like to know, when a task dies for a non-handled exception,
at least the NAME of this exception.
          Compared with a sequential program which, before dying, tells you
the name of the exception, a program made of several tasks does not die,
only the task dies. So I would like to be able to program this kind of code
in the body of each task :

          exception
              when others =>
                    TEXT_IO.PUT_LINE(CURRENT_EXCEPTION.NAME);

          This uses a package CURRENT_EXCEPTION which exports, via NAME routine,
the name of the current exception. This is derived from a Data General environ-
ment, but I am sure that someone has developed something analogous for a
VAX/VMS or VAX/ELN environment, with the DEC Ada compiler.

          I hope this person will read this message, and thank him in advance.

Herve BITTEUR

05/11/87  1951.9 cdt Mon (4) Network_Server.Daemon.z 0:000000 0:000000
Date: 11 May 87 20:21:22 GMT
From: milano!J.@im4u.utexas.edu, Phillip@ada20.isi.edu, Coose@ada20.isi.edu
Subject: Austin Chapter ACM SIGAda meeting, 21 May 1987
Sender: info-ada-request@ada20.isi.edu
To: info-ada@ada20.isi.edu

Austin ACM SIGAda Chapter Meeting

Date:

Location:
    BDM, Suite 600,
    Great Hills Corporate Center
    9020-II Capital of Texas Highway (Off Loop 360)
    Austin, Texas 78759
    (512) 346-6760
    (Entrance on Great Hills Trail)

Agenda:
    5:30 - 6:00 SOCIAL
    6:00 - 7:30 MEETING

Agenda Items:

1. The Austin Local SIGAda will hold its annual officer elections for the
   July 1, 1987 through June 30, 1988 chapter year.  Officers include
   Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary/Treasurer, and Program
   Coordinator.

2. Stanley Allen of Texas A&M University will discuss modifications to an
   Ada Compiler so compilation of Ada programs occur in parallel.  The Ada
   Compiler was obtained from New York University Ada/Ed "C" version and
   the computer system used was a Sequent Balanced 8000 with ten processors.

    Contacts:

    BDM: Dorothy Price
    Lockheed/LAD: Dale Haner
    Lockheed/STC: Ed Schlosser