[net.movies] Kelvin Thompson and humorless people

robertsl@stolaf.UUCP (Laurence C. Roberts) (07/02/85)

I think Kelvin Thompson's Star Wars review was proof positive of the true
nature of his 1984 review.  O.K. Kelvin, you can go back to being subtle
again.  I think it's hilarious to read the flames generated by his reviews.
I'd like to know if he's seen this Casablanca piece of trash.
				Laurence Roberts
				...ihnp4!stolaf!robertsl

Death to :-)!!  If you can't recognise sarcasm, you don't deserve to live! :-)
			Laurence Roberts
			...!ihnp4!stolaf!robertsl

			---------------------
			| U.S. out of Edina |
			---------------------

newman@bgsuvax.UUCP (Tim Newman) (07/11/85)

I read this net to hear the discussion on the relative merits of current
movies.  It would be much appreciated if whomever is poseing as Kelvin
Thompson would keep quiet.  There's enough drivel about without someone
purposely adding to the supply!  It is really a waste of my time to be bogged
down with silly postings like Mr. Thompson's.  I suggest that these "reviews,"
if they are not to be intended seriously, be posted to net.jokes.

				Tim Newman

PS - It is oh so funny to laugh at people's proper expectations.  Kelvin
Thompson is, if nothing else, not very civil.

beth@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Beth Christy) (07/17/85)

                  [This line was intentionally left blank]

From: newman@bgsuvax.UUCP (Tim Newman), Message-ID: <655@bgsuvax.UUCP>:
>I read this net to hear the discussion on the relative merits of current
>movies.  It would be much appreciated if whomever is poseing as Kelvin
>Thompson would keep quiet.  There's enough drivel about without someone
>purposely adding to the supply!  It is really a waste of my time to be bogged
>down with silly postings like Mr. Thompson's.  I suggest that these
>"reviews," if they are not to be intended seriously, be posted to net.jokes.
>

>				Tim Newman
>
>PS - It is oh so funny to laugh at people's proper expectations.  Kelvin
>Thompson is, if nothing else, not very civil.

I'm gonna unsubscribe to net.vineyards and sign up for net.movies.  This
group has *much* better whine.

                [This blank line, however, was an accident]