[comp.lang.ada] More on Ada-Think

blackje%sungod.tcpip@GE-CRD.ARPA (08/08/87)

Date: Fri, 7 Aug 87 14:41:58 EDT
From: emmett black <blackje@sungod>
Posted-Date: Fri, 7 Aug 87 14:41:58 EDT
To: info-ada@ada20.isi.edu
Subject: More on Ada-Think

I too sat through the Ada class with Grady Booch...
This was pretty early in the game, back when he talked
about underlining nouns and verbs and before the "revised
standard" was out...

I also sat through a class with David Bullman, who
diverged at one point into a discussion of software
engineering and object oriented design, and techniques
and how to approach the problem, etc....
In short; on Ada-Think.
He spent an hour or so on it, and realizing that that was
not what he was being paid to teach, quickly went
back to teaching Ada.

I think Dave could have spent a week teaching "Ada-Think"
and software engineering, etc.... and I would have really
enjoyed it.  I think he has an even better handle on the
"object oriented design" issue now and could spend some
time talking about that as well..

Are you out there Dave?  How about it?

--Emmett

	BlackJE@GE-CRD.Arpa