[comp.lang.ada] First book on Ada

sdl@linus.UUCP (09/11/87)

In article <12938@linus.UUCP> jfjr@mitre-bedford.ARPA (Jerome Freedman) writes:

> I am looking for a good book from which to learn ADA. The learnee
> is an experienced software developer who knows C, PL/1 and various
> assemblers. Please reply directly to me and to the bulletin board
> only if you want to
>
> 				   Jerry Freedman, Jr
> 				   jfjr@mitre-bedford.arpa

I still recommend "Software Engineering with Ada," by Grady Booch (but
make absolutely sure you get the latest edition).  After you've gone
through that, you might want to try:

	--  "System Design with Ada," by Ray Buhr (to learn about
		tasking)

        -- "Studies in Ada Style," by Hibbard et al. (to see some case
	    studies that point the way toward a programming style
	    perhaps unique to Ada).

By the way, Jerry, since we both work at MITRE, feel free to contact
me at x7753 if I can be of any further assistance w.r.t. Ada.

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford.arpa
UUCP:  ...{cbosgd,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,security,utzoo}!linus!sdl