[comp.lang.ada] OOD, Repositories, Style Guide. SQL, etc.

karl@grebyn.COM (Karl A. Nyberg) (02/20/88)

Ed. - forwarded material

Date: Fri 19 Feb 88 10:24:04-PDT
From: Tricia <umd5!NOSC-TECR.ARPA!TRICIA>
Subject: Please forward to bulletin-board
To: info-ada-request@simtel20.arpa
Cc: tricia@nosc-tecr.arpa

	I am trying to give support to a Navy project which is switching
to Ada, and they have come up with some questions for which I do not
have complete answers. Can anyone help me with any of the following:

1. Does anyone know of any tools (which NOSC could obtain for use by a
contractor) to support OOD? We know there are some in the works, but they
need ones that are ready for marketing and use now.

2. Does anyone know of any Ada software repositories or re-use libraries
other than what's available on SIMTEL20?

3. Does anyone know of any Ada Style and Programming Guides that are good?
I have given them Nissen's book, the GACWG's Ada Transportability Guide and
Daily/Foreman's article from the 1984 Ada Letters.

4. Does anyone know of a good source for information on doing task management
on UNIX? There was talk at one time about UNIX needing a mod so it wouldn't
block; does anyone know if anyone pursued this? If so, who could we contact?

5. Does anyone know what the current status is on SQL-Ada? Has it been
approved as a "standard"? Who is leading that effort? Does anyone know of
any Ada database bindings other than the SQL one?

	Please reply directly to Tricia@NOSC-TECR.ARPA. Thanks in advance for
any help you can provide.

		Tricia Oberndorf
     		NOSC, Code 423