[comp.lang.ada] Looking for ADA on PCs

ddavis@ic.Berkeley.EDU (David P. Davis) (03/02/88)

Are there any ADA compilers (or interpreters) out there for PCs?
Please respond directly to me.

					Thanks,

						David Davis

dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) (03/03/88)

In article <1160@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> ucbvax!ddavis writes:
>Are there any ADA compilers (or interpreters) out there for PCs?
>Please respond directly to me.

I will reply here on the net because this may be of interest to
others.

At the ACM conference in Atlanta, Georgia a week ago there were several
interesting products on display.

R&R Software has an Ada compiler for Iclones for $99.  They claim it is
a fully validated compiler, and had a number of certificates to prove
it.

Meridian also has an Ada compiler for the same price, again claimed to
be validated.

The above prices are for educational use, and these versions of the
compilers are limited to either approximately 2000 source statements
(roughtly a 4000-line program) or 64 kilobytes of executable code.  The
full unrestricted versions run around 500 to 700 dollars.

Both will run on a PC with 640 kilobytes of memory, but I think they
will be slow.  Try an AT instead.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi