[net.movies] Another Terminator question.

klawrence@watarts.UUCP (Kevin Lawrence) (07/23/85)

[]
When I saw -Terminator-, one scene that struck me as strange
was the one where Kyle Reese is in the police station explaining how he and
the Terminator happened to drop in.  He said that the future humans
captured the time machine just after the Terminator had left. Then Reese entered
the time machine to protect Sarah Conners.  Question:  How did
Reese know that the time machine was blown up, when it was blown up -after-
he went back to the past? Precognition?  Were the humans going to blow it up
themselves?
I'd appreciate any answer.
-------------------------------------
From the terminal keys of
Kevin Lawrence (University of Waterloo, Canada)

--
From the happy hunting grounds of the University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario.Kevin Lawrence (kalawren@watdcs)(klawrence@watarts.UUCP)

terryl@tekcrl.UUCP (07/26/85)

>When I saw -Terminator-, one scene that struck me as strange
>was the one where Kyle Reese is in the police station explaining how he and
>the Terminator happened to drop in.  He said that the future humans
>captured the time machine just after the Terminator had left. Then Reese entered
>the time machine to protect Sarah Conners.  Question:  How did
>Reese know that the time machine was blown up, when it was blown up -after-
>he went back to the past? Precognition?  Were the humans going to blow it up
>themselves?
>I'd appreciate any answer.

      It's been a while, but didn't he also say they blew it up so no one
else could go back in time, including other Treminator-types????

jsc@sun.uucp (James Carrington) (07/26/85)

In article <8497@watarts.UUCP> klawrence@watarts.UUCP (Kevin Lawrence) writes:
>the time machine to protect Sarah Conners.  Question:  How did
>Reese know that the time machine was blown up, when it was blown up -after-

I inferred that the John Conner & Co. were going to blow it up themselves,
so that such a potentially dangerous artifact wasn't just lying around, waiting
to be mis-used.

James

--
James Carrington				SUN Microsystems
Associate Engineer				2550 Garcia Ave. MS1-40