[net.movies] A quick question

ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) (07/18/85)

I noticed in the credits for _Silverado_ that the actress Rosanna Arquette
had a part in it. I also saw _Desperately_Seeking_Susan_, which she was
the star of. I remember that when the latter came out, all the reviews
referred to her as a fairly established actress. However, I never heard
of her before. Does anybody know of any movies she starred in before DSS?

--

Robert A. Novo				"Captain! They put creatures
AT&T Bell Labs				 in our ears! They made us say

plw@mgwess.UUCP (Pete Wilson) (07/19/85)

In article <533@bentley.UUCP> ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) writes:
>I noticed in the credits for _Silverado_ that the actress Rosanna Arquette
>had a part in it. I also saw _Desperately_Seeking_Susan_, which she was
>the star of. I remember that when the latter came out, all the reviews
>referred to her as a fairly established actress. However, I never heard
>of her before. Does anybody know of any movies she starred in before DSS?

I believe she played Tom Cruise's hooker girlfriend in "Risky Business".

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (07/19/85)

From: plw@mgwess.UUCP (Pete Wilson)
> In article <533@bentley.UUCP> ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) writes:
> >I noticed in the credits for _Silverado_ that the actress Rosanna Arquette
> >had a part in it. I also saw _Desperately_Seeking_Susan_, which she was
> >the star of. I remember that when the latter came out, all the reviews
> >referred to her as a fairly established actress. However, I never heard
> >of her before. Does anybody know of any movies she starred in before DSS?

> I believe she played Tom Cruise's hooker girlfriend in "Risky Business".
> No she didn't, that was Rebecca DeMornay.  (see also The Slugger's Wife)
DSS came out around Christmas time, as I recall.

--Evan Marcus
--
{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

Just to hit the ball and touch 'em all
A moment in the sun
It's gone, and you can tell that one goodbye.

allynh@ucbvax.ARPA (Allyn Hardyck) (07/19/85)

In article <533@bentley.UUCP> ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) writes:
>I noticed in the credits for _Silverado_ that the actress Rosanna Arquette
>had a part in it. I also saw _Desperately_Seeking_Susan_, which she was
>the star of. I remember that when the latter came out, all the reviews
>referred to her as a fairly established actress. However, I never heard
>of her before. Does anybody know of any movies she starred in before DSS?

I think her film debut was in the TV movie (later released to theaters)
"The Executioner's Song", as the wife of Gary Gilmore.  She was also in
the one film John Sayles directed for a major studio, "Baby It's You".

allynh@ucbvax.ARPA (Allyn Hardyck) (07/20/85)

In article <14929@mgwess.UUCP> plw@mgwess.UUCP (Pete Wilson) writes:
>I believe she played Tom Cruise's hooker girlfriend in "Risky Business".

No, that was Rebecca De Mornay, who was also in "Testament" and the abominable
"Slugger's Wife".

terryl@tekcrl.UUCP () (07/21/85)

>In article <533@bentley.UUCP> ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) writes:
>>I noticed in the credits for _Silverado_ that the actress Rosanna Arquette
>>had a part in it. I also saw _Desperately_Seeking_Susan_, which she was
>>the star of. I remember that when the latter came out, all the reviews
>>referred to her as a fairly established actress. However, I never heard
>>of her before. Does anybody know of any movies she starred in before DSS?

>I believe she played Tom Cruise's hooker girlfriend in "Risky Business".

     Wrong, reviewer breath. Rebecca DeMournay(definitely mis-spelled) played
Tom Cruise's hooker girlfriend in "Risky Business". Rosanna starred in "Baby
It's You" with Vincent Spano.

wombat@ccvaxa.UUCP (07/21/85)

/* Written  6:17 pm  Jul 18, 1985 by plw@mgwess.UUCP in ccvaxa:net.movies */
/* ---------- "Re: A quick question" ---------- */
In article <533@bentley.UUCP> ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) writes:
>I noticed in the credits for _Silverado_ that the actress Rosanna Arquette
>had a part in it.

I believe she played Tom Cruise's hooker girlfriend in "Risky Business".
/* End of text from ccvaxa:net.movies */

No, it was Rebecca DeMornay in *Risky Business*. Rosanna Arquette starred in
John Sayles' *Baby, It's You*. I admit I once confused the two of them to
the point where I kept both of their names tacked up on the bulletin board
until I could figure which one was in which movie.

"When you are about to die, a wombat is better than no company at all."
				Roger Zelazny, *Doorways in the Sand*

						Wombat
					ihnp4!uiucdcs!ccvaxa!wombat

erik@ssc-vax.UUCP (Erik Strom) (07/23/85)

> /* Written  6:17 pm  Jul 18, 1985 by plw@mgwess.UUCP in ccvaxa:net.movies */
> /* ---------- "Re: A quick question" ---------- */
> In article <533@bentley.UUCP> ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) writes:
> >I noticed in the credits for _Silverado_ that the actress Rosanna Arquette
> >had a part in it.
>
> I believe she played Tom Cruise's hooker girlfriend in "Risky Business".
> /* End of text from ccvaxa:net.movies */
>
> No, it was Rebecca DeMornay in *Risky Business*. Rosanna Arquette starred in
> John Sayles' *Baby, It's You*. I admit I once confused the two of them to
> the point where I kept both of their names tacked up on the bulletin board
> until I could figure which one was in which movie.
>

> "When you are about to die, a wombat is better than no company at all."
> 				Roger Zelazny, *Doorways in the Sand*
>
> 						Wombat
> 					ihnp4!uiucdcs!ccvaxa!wombat

    I also remember seeing a movie she starred in with Tom Selleck this

 spring. I believe it was called "The Aviator"

 He's cute, he's cuddly, he's loyal, he's brave, but he's not home, so leave
 your posting at the sound of the tone......

                                          Erik
					  ssc-vax!erik

connolly@steinmetz.UUCP (C. Ian Connolly) (07/24/85)

> I noticed in the credits for _Silverado_ that the actress Rosanna Arquette
> had a part in it. I also saw _Desperately_Seeking_Susan_, which she was
> the star of. I remember that when the latter came out, all the reviews
> referred to her as a fairly established actress. However, I never heard
> of her before. Does anybody know of any movies she starred in before DSS?
>

> --
>
> Robert A. Novo				"Captain! They put creatures
> AT&T Bell Labs				 in our ears! They made us say
> Piscataway, NJ                           things that weren't true!"
> ...bentley!ran

Rosanna Arquette also starred in "Baby It's You", which was released
no later that 1983 - it's a film written and directed (?) by John Sayles
about an Italian street kid who falls for a middle class Jewish girl
(Arquette), and traces their lives through high school & college.
Not an outstanding film, but a good one, I think.--
C. Ian Connolly, WA2IFI - USENET: ...edison!steinmetz!connolly
	   ,      ,	  ARPANET: connolly@ge-crd
An rud a bhionn, bionn.

leeper@mtgzz.UUCP (m.r.leeper) (07/25/85)

 >I never heard of Rosanna Arquette  her before.  Does anybody
 >know of any movies she starred in before
 >_Desperately_Seeking_Susan_?

She got some attention from Siskel and Ebert for the 1983 film BABY IT'S
YOU.

				Mark Leeper
				...ihnp4!mtgzz!leeper

sethian@acf4.UUCP (sethian) (07/27/85)

 I am embarrassed to admit knowing this. Arquette was Gary Gilmour's
 girlfriend in the tv movie of Norman Mailer's "The Executioner's Song".
 She also was the woman about whom the song "Rosanna" by Toto was written,
 and, complete trivia, was earliest seen as a teenage girl on the tv show
 "Eight is Enough" during one episode when she plays a girl, in high
 school in Sacramento, pregnant by her college boyfriend away at Berkeley,
 and befriended by one of the main offspring in the title. See what you
 can learn when you stay home sick a day last week and watch the tube?
 .