[comp.lang.ada] Ada Specification of POSIX Interface

karl@grebyn.COM (Karl A. Nyberg) (04/27/88)

> I have recently been asked by several people that have called the Ada
> Information Clearinghouse about the status of the POSIX Interface to Ada.
> Evidently there is an IEEE Committee that is still deciding the issue of
> the FIPS'  POSIX Standardization.  POSIX is a UNIX System V based
> operating system, and POSIX is supposed to handle real-time environment
> problems with Ada.  If you have any further information on this subject, or
> if you would like information that is gathered forwarded to you, send me
> a net message at fredyu@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu  (the machine is case sensitive).
> If all else fails give me a call.

Being's as how I run the posix-ada mailing list (for more information - send
mail to posix-ada-request), I can just about answer all of your questions.
Please contact Major Terry Fong (xo@isec-oa.arpa), who is the chairman of
the IEEE 1003.5 working group to join the effort, or to get on the paper
mailing list.

POSIX is NOT a UNIX SYSTEM V based operating system.  It is a specification
of operating system services.  There is no POSIX interface to Ada, there
might be an Ada interface to the POSIX specification (that's what we're
working on in the working group).

-- Karl --