[comp.lang.ada] Ada and transputers?

karl@grebyn.COM (Karl A. Nyberg) (06/02/88)

[Ed., forwarded]

Date: Thu, 26 May 88 08:19 EDT
From: umd5!RELAY.CS.NET!"ALDID1::ALDID1::MRGATE::\"A1::TUFFS1\"%alcoa.com"
Subject: Ada and transputers?

From:	NAME: P. S. TUFFS
	FUNC: PCCT (14)
	TEL: (412) 337 2946       <TUFFS1 AT A1 AT ALDID1>

20 May 1988 (after a long day at the keyboard punching Ada ...)

Does anyone know of an Ada to Occam compiler, for use with Transputers?
Me and a friend were talking this lunch-time, and we decided it would be
"neat" (to use his terminology) if we could rig a system of Transputers
to really get the most out of the Ada tasking model.  I don't see any in
the list of validated compilers, so if there is anyone conducting
guerrilla research into such an animal please let me know.  Otherwise,
does anyone know of an Ada to C translator, and a C to Occam compiler
that will communicate happily?

Simon Tuffs
Alcoa Technical Center
Alcoa Center, Pa 15146

Please reply to:  Tuffs@alcoa.com
(or to the info-ada board, either way I'll read it.)

-- Ed. - lengthy non-content disclaimer omitted.