[comp.lang.ada] Distributing LRM to Students Cheaply

pattis@june.cs.washington.edu (Richard Pattis) (11/08/88)

I'd like to cheaply get the Ada LRM distributed to all my students.  Can
anyone tell me who cheaply sells this document?  I'd also like to know if
I can just copy it myslef and distribute it; the copyright notice in the
one I have certainly looks this way.  I can make copies at about $13, so
anything commercially available for approximately this price would be
preferable.

karl@grebyn.com (Karl Nyberg) (11/08/88)

In article <6350@june.cs.washington.edu> pattis@june.cs.washington.edu
   (Richard Pattis) writes (in part):
>I'd like to cheaply get the Ada LRM distributed to all my students.  Can
>anyone tell me who cheaply sells this document?

Try the Government Printing Office - $8.00 (I think).  202-783-3238.
...and no, they're not on the net.

You can FTP, or even buy ASCII copies and distribute on floppies if you want
as well.

-- Karl --

dsb@Rational.COM (David S. Bakin) (11/08/88)

In article <11102@grebyn.COM>, karl@grebyn (Karl Nyberg) writes (in part):
>You can FTP, or even buy ASCII copies and distribute on floppies if you want
>as well.

Distributing the Ada RM (*) on floppies might be a good idea since there are
some "browsing" type programs available.  E.g., if you have access to Gnu Emacs
the recently distributed Ada-mode includes browsing in the RM.

(*) Hey, its the Ada RM, not Ada LRM.  Just look at the front cover.  See an
    'L' anywhere?  :-)

Dave Bakin				    (408) 496-3600
c/o Rational; 3320 Scott Blvd.; Santa Clara, CA 95054-3197
Internet:  dsb@rational.com	 Uucp:  ...!uunet!igor!dsb