[comp.lang.ada] ADA defs for VGRIND

fischer@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Scott W. Fischer) (11/07/88)

Hi-
	Does anybody have a vgrind defs file that recognizes ada syntax?

If so, please drop me a line, mail me a copy, put it up for anonymous ftp,
whatever.

Thanks much
Scott

--
Scott Fischer - Computer Science Systems Staff        |ADA, C, Pascal, Fortran,
      EE/CS 1-229 -- (612) 625-0876                   |phones, cabling, network

simpson@poseidon.uucp (Scott Simpson) (11/08/88)

I wrote this one.  It doesn't recognize procedure and function starts and
it occasionally formats a ' wrong but it seems to work most of the time.
Let me know if you have another/fixed version.

ada:\
#	:cb=--:ce=$:lb=(;|,|\d|#|^|&|*|\(|\)|-|+|<|>|=)':\
#	:le='(;|,|\d|#|^|&|*|\(|\)|-|+|<|>|=):\
	:cb=--:ce=$:lb=':\
	:le=\e':\
	:oc:sb=":se=\e":kw=abort accept access all and\
	array at begin body case constant declare delay delta digits do else\
	elsif end entry exception exit for function generic goto if in is\
	limited loop mod new not null of or others out package pragma \
	private procedure raise range record rem renames return reverse\
	select separate subtype task terminate then type use then when while\
	with xor:bb=\dbegin|declare|generic\d:be=\dend\d:\
	:pb=(\d?(procedure|function|package|task)\dbody\d\p)|\
(\d?(procedure|function|package|task)\d\p):
	Scott Simpson
	TRW Space and Defense Sector
	oberon!trwarcadia!simpson  		(UUCP)
	trwarcadia!simpson@oberon.usc.edu	(Internet)

jipping@cs.hope.edu (Mike Jipping) (11/16/88)

fischer@umn-cs.arpa  (Scott W. Fischer) writes:
> 	Does anybody have a vgrind defs file that recognizes ada syntax?
>
> If so, please drop me a line, mail me a copy, put it up for anonymous ftp,
> whatever.

I didn't see any other replies...so...

Here's our VGRIND def.  Actually, we use TGRIND and put the result into
TeX/LaTeX documents.  But, whatever...

ada|DoD|a:\
	:pb=(^\d?(procedure|function|package|task)\d\p\d|\(|is|return):\
	:bb=\d(accept|begin|case|declare|exception|for|if|loop|pragma|\
			 private|record|while)\d:\
	:be=\dend|;:\
	:oc:\
	:cb=--:ce=$:\
	:sb=":se=":lb=':le=':\
   :kw=abort abs accept access all and array at begin body case constant \
       declare delay delta digits do else elsif end entry exception exit \
       for function generic goto if in is limited loop mod new not null  \
       of or others out package pragma private procedure raise range \
       record rem renames return reverse select separate subtype task \
       terminate then type use when while with:

We've had no problem with it that I can recall -- but that doesn't say that
it's precise.  Please let me know of any changes to make it more accurate.

Enjoy.

      Mike Jipping
      Hope College
      Department of Computer Science
      jipping@cs.hope.edu

stachour@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Paul Stachour) (11/17/88)

In article <1495@spp2.UUCP> simpson@poseidon.UUCP (Scott Simpson) writes:

>I wrote this one.

   I wrote one also.  I'm not sure how it compares with yours in what
it does.  It's been a start for me, and I've used it somewhat for the
past 6 months.  We (umn-cs) just changed computers, and I haven't had
a chance to fully check it out yet.  I know it doesn't work exactly
the way on this one (a sequent) that it did on the vax/780.  ...Paul

ADA|Ada|ada:\
        :pb=^\d?(package|procedure|function):\
        :bb=^\d?(begin|loop|case|record):be=end:\
        :kw=abort abs accept access all and array at begin body case\
        constant declare delay delta digits do else elsif end entry\
        exception exit for function generic goto if in is limited loop\
        mod new not null of or others out package pragma private\
        procedure raise range record rem renames return reverse select\
        separate subtype task terminate then type use when while with\
        xor\