[net.movies] question, Peter Sellers

simpson@lll-crg.ARPA (Rea Simpson) (07/19/85)

A while ago, probably 7-10 years ago I saw a movie that had Peter Sellers in
it and I'm trying to find out what the name of it was.  The movie takes place
in France during WWII.  It centers around a whorehouse that services a lot
of the German officers.  The woman have different clever ways of killing the
Germans.  The one I particularly remember is the bed that folds up into the
wall and the German falls down into the cellar and lands on his head.

Does anyone remember this movie?

____

" Let there be songs to fill the air ... "
____
				Rea Simpson
				Lawrence Livermore Labs L-306
				P.O. Box 808
				Livermore, CA  94550
				(415) 423-0910

{dual, gymble, sun, mordor}!lll-crg!simpson
simpson@lll-crg.ARPA

reza@ihuxb.UUCP (Reza Taheri) (07/24/85)

> A while ago, probably 7-10 years ago I saw a movie that had Peter Sellers in
> it and I'm trying to find out what the name of it was.  The movie takes place
> in France during WWII.  It centers around a whorehouse that services a lot
> of the German officers.  The woman have different clever ways of killing the
> Germans.  The one I particularly remember is the bed that folds up into the
> wall and the German falls down into the cellar and lands on his head.
>
> Does anyone remember this movie?
> 				Rea Simpson

   If I am not mistaken, Sellers practically played ALL major characters in
that movie.  Does this help anybody's memory?

H. Reza Taheri
...!ihnp4!ihuxb!reza
(312)-979-7473

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (07/25/85)

In article <1116@ihuxb.UUCP>, reza@ihuxb.UUCP (Reza Taheri) writes:
>> A while ago, probably 7-10 years ago I saw a movie that had Peter Sellers in
>> it and I'm trying to find out what the name of it was.  The movie takes place
>> in France during WWII.  It centers around a whorehouse that services a lot
>> of the German officers.  The woman have different clever ways of killing the
>> Germans.  The one I particularly remember is the bed that folds up into the
>> wall and the German falls down into the cellar and lands on his head.
>>
>> Does anyone remember this movie?
>> 				Rea Simpson
>
>    If I am not mistaken, Sellers practically played ALL major characters in
> that movie.  Does this help anybody's memory?

	The movie where Peter Sellers play nearly every major
	character was _The Mouse That Roared_. This told the
	story of a little insignificant country declared war
	on the U.S. simply to loose, and have the U.S. help
	rebuild their economy. Telling anymore would ruin the
	picture for those of you who haven't seen it. Great
	movie!!!

					Scoot A. Stewart
					LMSC

jml@caelum.UUCP (J.LACY) (08/02/85)

> > A while ago, probably 7-10 years ago I saw a movie that had Peter Sellers in
> > it and I'm trying to find out what the name of it was.  The movie takes place
> > in France during WWII.  It centers around a whorehouse that services a lot
> > of the German officers.  The woman have different clever ways of killing the
> > Germans.  The one I particularly remember is the bed that folds up into the
> > wall and the German falls down into the cellar and lands on his head.
> >
> > Does anyone remember this movie?
> > 				Rea Simpson
>
>    If I am not mistaken, Sellers practically played ALL major characters in
> that movie.  Does this help anybody's memory?
>
> H. Reza Taheri
> ...!ihnp4!ihuxb!reza
> (312)-979-7473

If i'm not mistaken, the title of the movie which had Peter Sellers as
all the major characters is: THE MOUSE THAT ROARED.

				Julia Lacy
				ATT-ISL
					HOLMDEL, NJ

bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) (08/02/85)

> >> A while ago, probably 7-10 years ago I saw a movie that had Peter Sellers in
> >> it and I'm trying to find out what the name of it was.  The movie takes place
> >> in France during WWII.  It centers around a whorehouse that services a lot
> >> of the German officers.  The woman have different clever ways of killing the
> >> Germans.  The one I particularly remember is the bed that folds up into the
> >> wall and the German falls down into the cellar and lands on his head.
> >>
> >> Does anyone remember this movie?
> >> 				Rea Simpson
> >
> >    If I am not mistaken, Sellers practically played ALL major characters in
> > that movie.  Does this help anybody's memory?
>

> 	The movie where Peter Sellers play nearly every major
> 	character was _The Mouse That Roared_. This told the
> 	story of a little insignificant country declared war
> 	on the U.S. simply to loose, and have the U.S. help
> 	rebuild their economy. Telling anymore would ruin the
> 	picture for those of you who haven't seen it. Great
> 	movie!!!
>
> 					Scoot A. Stewart
> 					LMSC

You are right about _The _Mouse _That _Roarded_. It was a great and
funney movie with Peter Sellers playing about 5 roles but I also
saw the movie that the first poster is talking about and these are
two different movies.

Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the other Sellers movie
either.

tre@sdcarl.UUCP (Tom Erbe) (08/03/85)

In article <1780@bmcg.UUCP> bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) writes:
> A while ago, probably 7-10 years ago I saw a movie that had Peter Sellers in
> it and I'm trying to find out what the name of it was.  The movie takes place
> in France during WWII.  It centers around a whorehouse that services a lot
> of the German officers.  The woman have different clever ways of killing the
> Germans.  The one I particularly remember is the bed that folds up into the
> wall and the German falls down into the cellar and lands on his head.
>
> Does anyone remember this movie?
> 				Rea Simpson
I believe the movie may be _Soft_Beds_Hard_Battles_ also called _Undercover_
Heros_.  It was made in 1974 and starred Peter Sellers in 6 roles (including
Hitler).

--
	thomas r. erbe
	{ucbvax,ihnp4,akgua,hplabs,sdcsvax}!sdcarl!tre