[comp.lang.ada] yacc specification of Ada grammar online?

hardin@eecea.eece.ksu.edu (David Hardin) (01/30/89)

I have run across a few old (1984) _Ada Letters_ that mention the availability
of yacc and LALR specifications of the Ada grammar.  However, I have not had
any luck locating the files.  Does anyone know where I can find a public domain
yacc specification of the Ada grammar?  I *do* have the ability to do
anonymous ftp.

Also, there has been a rumor of an Ada -> DIANA parser that uses yacc.  Anybody
know about this?

Thanks in advance,

David Hardin

--
David Hardin				Rockwell International
                                       	M/S 124-211, 400 Collins Rd. NE

edwards@ida.org (Steve Edwards) (02/04/89)

I posted this once before, but it seemed to get lost in the ether...
apologies if this is really its second occurrenc at your site.

In article <546@eecea.eece.ksu.edu>, hardin@eecea.eece.ksu.edu (David Hardin)
writes:
> Does anyone know where I can find a public domain
> yacc specification of the Ada grammar?

Check out the following files on SIMTEL20:
    PD2:<ADA.EXTERNAL-TOOLS>GRAMMAR.PRO
    PD2:<ADA.EXTERNAL-TOOLS>GRAMMAR.SRC
    PD2:<ADA.EXTERNAL-TOOLS>GRAM2.PRO
    PD2:<ADA.EXTERNAL-TOOLS>GRAM2.SRC

GRAMMAR.SRC is a yacc description of the Ada grammar, and I believe GRAM2
is just an updated version of GRAMMAR.  These files contain only the
grammar rules, no actions are included.  You can get them via anonymous
ftp from SIMTEL20.ARPA (among other methods).

If you hear anything about an Ada->DIANA yacc-based parser like the one
you mentioned, I'd like to hear about it too!