[net.movies] An

gadfly@ihu1m.UUCP (Gadfly) (07/29/85)

--
One I'd love to catch (on TV, so as not to pay for) one more time
is that great 60's period piece, "Wild in the Streets", wherein
legions of hippies, led by their most popular rock star, take over
the US and then round up everyone over 30...  Great sound track,
too.
--
                    *** ***
JE MAINTIENDRAI   ***** *****

tw8023@pyuxii.UUCP (T Wheeler) (08/01/85)

I guess I have to add my favorite oldie, though it isn't that bad.
"The Red Tent", the story of the DeNoble expedition to the North
Pole by dirigible.  The story is done in dream sequence and
flashback.  Sean Connery is the big name I remember offhand,
but there are several others.   It is a true story, yet it is
told using ghosts, etc. to turn it into an adventure.  The
DeNoble story was interesting unto itself.  Check it out.
T. C. Wheeler

bch@mcnc.UUCP (Byron Howes) (08/01/85)

In article <568@ihu1m.UUCP> gadfly@ihu1m.UUCP (Ken Perlow) writes:
>--
>One I'd love to catch (on TV, so as not to pay for) one more time
>is that great 60's period piece, "Wild in the Streets", wherein
>legions of hippies, led by their most popular rock star, take over
>the US and then round up everyone over 30...  Great sound track,
>too.

"Wild in the Streets" is not all *that* bad a film, considering the
genre.  If you'll remember it has Hal Holbrook, the late Ed Begley,
Christopher Stone (I believe) and a very you Richard Pryor in it.
There may be more interesting folk, but it has been many years since
I saw the film.
--

						Byron C. Howes
				      ...!{decvax,akgua}!mcnc!ecsvax!bch

hofbauer@utcsri.UUCP (John Hofbauer) (08/05/85)

> "Wild in the Streets" is not all *that* bad a film, considering the
> genre.  If you'll remember it has Hal Holbrook, the late Ed Begley,
> Christopher Stone (I believe) and a very you Richard Pryor in it.

That's Christopher JONES. By the way, whatever did happen to him?
His career was on a meteoric rise back in the late sixties and then
he just vanished. As far as I know he didn't die. To the best of my
recollection he made 4 films: Three In the Attic (1967), Wild In the
Streets (1968), Ryan's Daughter (1970), The Looking Glass War (1970).
The fact that the last two films were flops may have something to
do with it, but that alone shouldn't have killed a promising career.
He seemed very much a successor to James Dean, whom he somewhat
resembled, and it's ironic that, like Dean, he should make less
than a handful of films.

pking@uiucuxc.Uiuc.ARPA (08/07/85)

Are you SURE he didn't get killed or something?  I seem to
recall that Christopher Jones did die, or committ sucide in
the early seventies.