[net.movies] Weird Science - Stay Away

brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) (08/04/85)

This is THE worst movie I have seen in a long time.
0 stars out of 4, unless you are 15 years old.
--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd. - Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473

sean@ukma.UUCP (Sean Casey) (08/06/85)

In article <318@looking.UUCP> brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) writes:
>This is THE worst movie I have seen in a long time.
>0 stars out of 4, unless you are 15 years old.
>--
>Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd. - Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473

Bogus bogus!  I thought it was great!  And I'm 23!

--

-  Sean Casey				UUCP:	sean@ukma.UUCP   or
-  Department of Mathematics			{cbosgd,anlams,hasmed}!ukma!sean

jla@usl.UUCP (Joe Arceneaux) (08/09/85)

In article <318@looking.UUCP> brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) writes:
> This is THE worst movie I have seen in a long time.
> 0 stars out of 4, unless you are 15 years old.

I strongly disagree.  I thought this movie was quite funny.  John Hughes
not only has a deft touch for the funny bit, but in my opinion really
understands high school kids (check out his previous two films,
"Sixteen Candles" and "The Breakfast Club").  Personally I can really
identify with his ostracized teens, coming from the same background.

Anthony Michael Hall gets more of a chance to display his wonderful
comedic talents than he did in "The Breakfast Club" and I think good
things may be in store for him (his performance in "Sixteen Candles"
was truly riotous!).  Kelly Lebrock (sp?) was most delectable as the
mysterious and suave sexpot of their dreams/creation.

On the whole, I reccomend this movie.  I persuaded two of my friends to
go who were very suspicious and skeptical and they both enjoyed it immensely.
I give it *** out of 4.
--
				    Joe Arceneaux

				    Lafayette, LA
				    {akgua, ut-sally}!usl!jla

rcook@uiucuxc.Uiuc.ARPA (08/09/85)

Here's a vote from a 20 yr old.     VERY FUNNY MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!1

	 Rob Cook

UUCP:	 {ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!rcook

      'Life is just a cocktail party on the street'
			-Mick Jagger-