[comp.lang.ada] error eeporting in ADA language systems

rrh@june.cs.washington.edu (Robert R. Henry) (04/28/89)

I would like to know what, if any, standards are required or encouraged
for an ADA compiler's error handling facility.  I'm particulary
interested in standards for recognizing, reporting and recovering from
lexical, syntactic, static semantic and dynamic semantic (aka run time)
errors.

I'm interested in this since I'm using ADA as a case study in language
design, implementation and sociology.  I do not normally follow the ADA
community.

Thanks,
Robert Henry
University of Washington