[net.movies] Horny Humanoids from the Deep

bl@hplabsb.UUCP (08/06/85)

> An independent station in Boston recently broadcast a timeless film
> which I must comment on.  Have you ever had one of those nights when
> you end up having to choose between watching the bugs fry in your
> neighbor's electric bug zapper and seeing what's on the UHF stations ?
> I did.  I should have watched the mosquito executions.  WXNE channel
> 25 in Boston broadcast the movie "Humanoids from the Deep" starring
> Vic Morrow and Doug Mclure.  Both of these actors have done some
> fine work over the years, excluding this film. ...
>
> ...  This film
> has no plot, no messages, no acting, and no reason for being
> made.  If I were involved in making it, I would sue to have my
> name removed from the credits.

This movie was on cable last year.  I'm sure the version you saw on
UHF was cut.  If you had seen the original, you would understand that
it was a sexploitation film.

allynh@ucbvax.ARPA (Allyn Hardyck) (08/09/85)

In article <3033@hplabsb.UUCP> bl@hplabsb.UUCP writes:
>This movie was on cable last year.  I'm sure the version you saw on
>UHF was cut.

Not necessarily true - Channels 2 and 44 (independent stations in the Bay
Area) have been showing some movies with minimal or no cutting for some time -
they left all the "fuckin' A"s in The Deer Hunter, machetes through the chest
in Friday the 13th part whatever, etc.  I imagine it has something to do with
the disappearance of the Television Code.  Any other stations doing this?

dave@garfield.UUCP (David Janes) (08/12/85)

Actually, I thought _Humanoids_ was one of the funniest movies I ever
saw. I didn't know they could make films that *bad*. A must see
for horrible film fanatics. This movie makes _Red_Sonja_ look good.

dave
--
The             UUCP: {utcsri,ihnp4,allegra,mcvax}!garfield!dave
Mercenary   INTERNET: dave@garfield.uucp

"There are two types of people in the world, those who divide
the people of the world into two types, and those who can't"

joel@peora.UUCP (Joel Upchurch) (08/12/85)

>Not necessarily true - Channels 2 and 44 (independent stations in  the
>Bay Area) have been showing some movies with minimal or no cutting for
>some time - they left  all  the  "fuckin'  A"s  in  The  Deer  Hunter,
>machetes  through  the chest in Friday the 13th part whatever, etc.  I
>imagine  it  has  something  to  do  with  the  disappearance  of  the
>Television Code.  Any other stations doing this?

        I've noticed the same thing  about  the  independent  stations
        here  in Orlando too.  I've seem topless scenes in movies, for
        instance.  The local PBS station  station  also  seems  to  be
        pretty  lax  about nudity, esp. if it a British produced show.
        The network stations don't seem to have changed much, but they
        may  have  standards  they  have  to observe to maintain their
        network affiliation.  I also remember that the  local  station
        that  ran  The Deer Hunter made a big point in their ads about
        it being uncut, but I didn't get around to watching it.

							    Joel