[comp.lang.ada] ADA military standard info wanted

bhutch@pyr.gatech.EDU ( Beverly Hutchinson) (06/10/89)

A while back, I believe someone posted an address/phone number
where one can order MIL-STDs -- specifically, the ADA standard.
As will happen, I was sure that I had saved this information
only to discover that I can't find it.

Thanks in advance to the someone who bails me out.

Bev

cline@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Marshall Cline) (06/12/89)

In article <8485@pyr.gatech.EDU> bhutch@pyr.gatech.EDU ( Beverly Hutchinson) writes:

>A while back, I believe someone posted an address/phone number
>where one can order MIL-STDs -- specifically, the ADA standard.
>As will happen, I was sure that I had saved this information
>only to discover that I can't find it.

Beverly:

I snatched the following from ajpo.sei.cmu.edu using annonymous ftp.
It's called "~ftp/public/lrm.hlp" if memory serves.
It tells of three available formats for the lrm: hardcopy, ftp & tape.

I found that the reference to the online language ref manual was incorrect.
At the time, there was no "~ftp/public/lrm" on the ajpo host.  :-(
I ended up ordering the $8.00 item from the Government Printing Office.

Marshall

______________________________ cut here _________________________________
This file contains information on how to
obtain the ANSI MIL_STD 1815A 1983 Ada
Language Reference Manual.
(AdaIC point of contact: Greg Siegert)

         How to Obtain the Ada Language Reference Manual

        The Ada Language Reference Manual (LRM) is available to
the general public in several ways.

1.      A hard copy of the LRM may be obtained from the
Government Printing Office (GPO) at a cost of $8.00 per copy.  You
must specify the stock number, 008-000-00394-7, when ordering.  The
official title is the ANSI MIL_STD 1815A (1983) Reference Manual
for Ada Programming Language.  Address all correspondence to:

                    Superintendent of Documents
                    Government Printing Office
                    Washington, DC 20402-9325

                    Phone: (202) 783-3238

All orders must be prepaid.

2.      The LRM is on file on the AJPO host computer under the
FTP account, more specically, ~/ftp/public/lrm and may be
accessed by anyone with an account on an ARPANET host.  File
Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a quick way of obtaining the LRM
files.  To gain access to the LRM using FTP, simply "open" a
connection to the AJPO computer.  The address of the AJPO host is
"ajpo.sei.cmu.edu".  The AJPO computer supports anonymous logon;
therefore, when prompted just enter "anonymous".  Use "guest" or
your user-id as a password.  To move to the LRM directory type "cd
/public/lrm".  The "mget" command may be used to download multiple
files, whereas the "get" command is used for downloading single
files.  To end the session just type "quit" or "bye".  For help,
type "?" and a list of the available commands will be printed.

3.      If your host does not support FTP then the LRM may be
ordered on 9-track, 1600 BPI & 6250 BPI magtapes in the following
formats: UNIX TAR ANSI - not available at this time.  Requests for
the LRM should be addressed to the Ada Information Clearinghouse.
For status of tape requests and general information you may
contact Greg Siegert at (301) 731-8894 or send a net message to:

                action@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu

        Send a single tape and a self-addressed mailing label,
along with a short informal cover letter stating that you would
like a copy of the Ada Language Reference Manual and also
specifying the format.  Include a completed UPS Collect or Federal
Express Collect form to cover payment of postage.  The address is:

                Ada Information Clearinghouse
                C/O Mr. Greg Siegert
                4600 Forbes
                Blvd. Lanham, MD 20706

4.      Additionally the LRM may be downloaded from the AdaIC
Bulletin Board (BBS).  The BBS may be reached by dialing (301)
459-3865 or (202) 694-0215.  The baud rates are 300/1200/2400 and
the setting is (8N1).  The LRM may be found under directory 2 and
XMODEM is the only file transfer protocol supported on the BBS.
The files have been archived using PKARC and need to be
unarchived after being downloaded.  PKARC is available on the
Bulletin Board and may be obtained by downloading the file
PKX34A20.COM.
	Marshall P. Cline	ARPA:	cline@sun.soe.clarkson.edu
	ECE Department		UseNet:	uunet!sun.soe.clarkson.edu!cline
	Clarkson University	BitNet:	BH0W@CLUTX
	Potsdam, NY  13676	AT&T:	(315) 268-6591