[net.movies] Zemeckis movies

gregory5@garfield.UUCP (Greg Case) (08/10/85)

I was wondering if someone could tell me what other films Robert
Zemeckis (Back To the Future) has directed . His name sounds familiar
but I can't seem to recall any of his other movies.

Thanks for the help.

Greg Case

          {ihnp4,utcsrgv,allegra}!garfield!gregory5

Memorial University of Newfoundland , St. John's , Newfoundland, Canada

steven@ism70.UUCP (08/16/85)

Field of Honor

	This is a student film that Zemeckis and his partner Bob Gale
	made while they were at USC. Steven Spielberg saw it and forced
	Universal Pictures to make:

I Wanna Hold Your Hand (1978)

	which was their first feature. It's about five teenagers from
	New Jersey who road trip to New Yawk to see the Beatles perform
	on the historic Ed Sullivan Show. Starred Susan Newman (Paul's
	daughter), Bobby DiCicco, Nancy Allen, Eddie Deezen and Marc
	(Jimmy Olsen) McClure.

1941 (1979)

	Zemeckis and Gale wrote this for Spielberg to direct.

Used Cars  (1980)

	A great comedy. Starred Kurt Russell, Jack Warden, Gerritt
	Graham and Frank McRae as unscrupulous used car salesmen
	in Phoenix. Fifty bucks never killed anybody. Died at the box
	office. From Columbia Pictures.

Romancing the Stone (1984)

	Zemeckis was going to direct Cocoon next. But Twentieth Century
	Fox insisted he be replaced. On the other hand, they let Michael
	Douglas hire Zemeckis to direct what turned out to be 20th's
	biggest moneymaker of 1984. Starred Kathleen Turner and Michael
	Douglas.

Back to the Future (1985)

	Their next project is:

The Shadow

	Based on the radio serial character created by Walter Gibson.
	To quote Zemeckis "A cross between Dracula and Indiana Jones"
	In preparation now at Universal Studios. No cast set yet.

jeff@hpcnoe.UUCP (08/17/85)

> I was wondering if someone could tell me what other films Robert
> Zemeckis (Back To the Future) has directed .

Romancing the Stone.

rm@ptsfb.UUCP (Roger Magoulas) (08/17/85)

In article <3420@garfield.UUCP> gregory5@garfield.UUCP (Greg Case) writes:

>I was wondering if someone could tell me what other films Robert
>Zemeckis (Back To the Future) has directed . His name sounds familiar
>but I can't seem to recall any of his other movies.

Robert Zemeckis also directed I_Want_to Hold_Your_Hand and
Romancing_the_Stone.  I Want to Hold Your Hand is about
various people trying to see the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan
Show in 1964