[comp.lang.ada] Questions on vgrind for Ada

westley@hercules.uucp (09/15/89)

This topic has passed through here before, so I know someone must have the
answer.  Please forgive if you've personally seen the topic too much.

Could someone please send me a vgrind language definition for Ada?

Is there a way of controlling the font style chosen by vgrind?  I would
like to use a mono-spaced rather than proportional font.

Terry J. Westley
Arvin/Calspan Advanced Technology Center
P.O. Box 400, Buffalo, NY 14225
planck!hercules!westley@cs.buffalo.edu

dik@cwi.nl (Dik T. Winter) (09/15/89)

In article <1989Sep14.173708.29341@planck.uucp> planck!hercules!westley@cs.buffalo.edu writes:
 > This topic has passed through here before, so I know someone must have the
 > answer.  Please forgive if you've personally seen the topic too much.
 >
 > Could someone please send me a vgrind language definition for Ada?

It is impossible to create a correct vgrind definition for ada.
There are two major difficulties:
1.	Some reserved words can also be attributes (digits).
2.	The ' does either mark the start of a character constant or
	something else (qualified expression, attribute etc.).
Vgrind is not able to handle this.  For our local use I have written
a {n,t,dit}roff preprocessor that is able to handle correctly Fortran
and Ada code, but does not have a lot of the niceties of vgrind.
I might feel inclined to post it somewhere.
INTERNET   : dik@cwi.nl
BITNET/EARN: dik@mcvax