[comp.lang.ada] Wanted: pretty printer for MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide

westley@cs.buffalo.edu (09/21/89)

Does a pretty printer exist that will format Ada code along the guidelines
described in MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide?

Thanks.

Terry J. Westley
Arvin/Calspan Advanced Technology Center
P.O. Box 400, Buffalo, NY 14225
planck!hercules!westley@cs.buffalo.edu

ssdken@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Ken Nelson) (09/22/89)

   **** Disclaimer: I work for this company ****

Hi,

	Software Systems Design offers a tool called ADADL which does static
	analysis (complexity, quality, etc...) and pretty-prints Ada code. Your
	can customize the pretty printer.  We have customers that use it to
	meet the Ada Style Guide specifications.  ADADL also adds a table of
	contents, and cross-reference reports.  ADADL can be used to
	beautify existing Ada code, much like 'cb' for C programs.

	With ADADL you get pretty-printing plus you can explore a whole world
	of static analysis, metrics, automatic documentation, testing,
	and test coverage analysis.  We also offer a tool called GrafGen
	which draws Ada programs using the Booch-Burr methodology.  A
	picture might be worth a thousand pretty-printed words.

	We give substantial educational discounts.  Demos (fully functional,
	but limited to 400 line or less programs) are sent for media
	costs alone (around $150).  If you want information sent, or
	pricing for a specfic machine, just E-Mail or call.

					Ken Nelson
					Principal Engineer
					Software Systems Design
					3267 Padua Av.
					Claremont, CA 91711
					(624) 625-6147

rgc@raybed2.UUCP (RICK CARLE) (09/25/89)

In article <1989Sep21.153900.7642@planck.uucp>, planck!hercules!westley@cs.buffalo.edu writes:
> Does a pretty printer exist that will format Ada code along the guidelines
> described in MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide?

MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide?  That's the first I've heard of it.
How can I get a copy?
	Rick Carle, Raytheon Co., rgc@raybed6.ray.com

RCONN@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Rick Conn) (09/27/89)

See the latest ASR newsletter.  It has articles on the handbook and
the NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center Ada pretty printer which
can format Ada source code in compliance with the proposed
MIL-HDBK-1804.

	Rick
-------

rgc@raybed6.RAY.COM (RICK CARLE) (09/28/89)

Thanks, Rick.  But the last ASR Newsletter I received was dated May-June
and I can't find any mention of the MIL-HDBK-1804.  Is there a phone no.
for dial-in to SIMTEL?
	Rick Carle

lumsdon@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil (Lumsdon) (09/29/89)

There are several pretty-printers available in the Ada Repository.
You can ftp them, or purchase Ada Repository tapes from DECUS, or
purchase IBM-PC diskettes containing parts of the Ada Repository.

I believe that the contact for this is rconn@wsmr-simtel20.arpa

Esther Lumsdon
DTRC Code 1411, Annapolis Lab

I submitted to ASR, and you can too!