Date: Fri, 10 Nov 89 17:48:43 EST
From: SYSTEMS Administrator (AJPO.SEI.CMU.EDU) <haven!ajpo.sei.cmu.edu!action>
Subject: Update on validatiing Ada compilers

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: action
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 89 17:48:43 EST
From: SYSTEMS Administrator (AJPO.SEI.CMU.EDU) <action>

Subject: Update on validating Ada compilers

This is an update on the process and test suite for validating Ada
compilers:

Version 1.11 of the Ada Compiler Validation Capability (ACVC 1.11),
which was publicly released in July 1989, will become the current
version on 1 December 1989 without a second release.

In other words, there will be no re-release of the suite with changes;
a list of tests that have been challenged successfully already and
withdrawn has been provided to the Ada Validation Facilities (AVFs).

To compensate for the delayed release of ACVC 1.11, implementers will
be allowed to use ACVC 1.10 until 31 January 1990.

There will be no change in the common expiration date of 1 December
1990 for certificates that are awarded for validations under ACVC 1.10.

This means two things: One, the ACVC 1.11 that was released this
summer as a preliminary version is now officially THE test suite for
Ada compilers to pass in order to be validated.  Two, compilers can
continue to be validated under test suite ACVC 1.10 until 31 January
1990.  However, all certificates issued for passing the ACVC 1.10 will
expire 1 December 1990.

If you have any questions about this statement, please call me or
Michele Kee at (202) 694-0210, or contact your local AVF.

					Sincerely,

					John P. Solomond
					Director,
					Ada Joint Program Office