[net.movies] What ever happened to BATTLEFIELD EARTH?

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (08/09/85)

> From:	uiucdcs!dahlback

> A few months back there WAS a movie version. I liked the book OK (though
> I thought it was far too longwinded), but for some reason the movie
> ads didn't appeal to me. My guess is, it disappeared down a hole and
> vanished from sight.

What????!!!!  You *have* to be thinking of something else, as there has
been no such movie. It's possible I may have missed notice of it, but since
I diligently follow sf film and news magazines, and make it my business to
know about sf films, I strongly doubt that it managed to slip by without my
having heard of it.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

dac@hpfcla.UUCP (08/21/85)

I saw a small article in a local paper stating that BATTLEFIELD EARTH
was to be shot in Colorado some time this year.  That was several months
ago and haven't heard any thing since.

Dave Cooper
ucbvax!hplabs!hpfcla!dac