[comp.lang.ada] News

CAROZZONI@TOPS20.RADC.AF.MIL (12/08/89)

If imitation is the purest form of flattery, then one should
appreciate Narain Gehani's (AT&T) new book, "An Advanced
Introduction to C".  A chapter is devoted to Concurrent C. It
appears that they have adopted the Ada rendezvous concept along
with the Ada identifiers / keywords (select, accept, terminate,
delay, etc).
-------

pattis@cs.washington.edu (Richard Pattis) (12/10/89)

In article <12548449457.8.CAROZZONI@TOPS20.RADC.AF.MIL>, CAROZZONI@TOPS20.RADC.AF.MIL writes:
> If imitation is the purest form of flattery, then one should
> appreciate Narain Gehani's (AT&T) new book, "An Advanced
> Introduction to C".  A chapter is devoted to Concurrent C. It
> appears that they have adopted the Ada rendezvous concept along
> with the Ada identifiers / keywords (select, accept, terminate,
> delay, etc).
> -------

This author tends to pump out all sorts of books, and lots of variations on
the ones already published.  He wrote a book called Ada: Concurrent
Programming, and I expect to make writing the C book easier, just made C look
like Ada so he could transliterate the Ada book to a C book.