[net.movies] In Defense of Kelvin Thompson

dtuttle@uw-june (David C. Tuttle) (08/25/85)

>>>From: trudel@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Jon)
>>>From: kwc@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.)
>>>From: kimery@wdl1.UUCP (Sam Kimery)
>>>	<people telling Kelvin where he can stick his reviews>
>>
>>From: masuma@drupa.UUCP (Masuma Rahman)
>>	<just ignore him, and he'll go away...>
>
>From: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
>	...I really enjoy Kelvin's reviews, and hope he keeps them up.
>	They're quite enjoyable...  Can't figure out why so many people
>	are irate over his stuff...

Thank you, Mr. Moriarty, sir!  I quite enjoy them, too...
Gee, it's good to know I'm not alone in liking Mr. Thompson's
reviews.  WHY does this bother people so?!?  Is it just intolerance
of another's opinions?  Is it anger in having been "duped?"  One of
the above people stated, "...Fool me twice, shame on me."
Certainly that is no reason to blame HIM!

Now that you know the score, you can avoid his reviews.  It's that
simple.  If it hurts when you read it, then, by golly, DON'T READ IT!
Leave it for those of us who can enjoy a refreshingly different point
of view.

As for his actual existence, I think it's safe to say that Mr. Thompson
is exactly one human being of that actual name -- that is, if he's
the same guy I knew as a CS undergraduate at Rice who worked as Backpage
Editor of the _Thresher_ (campus newspaper), and judging from his
reviews, I'm pretty sure it is...  :-)
David C. Tuttle				"Fool me once, shame on you..."
Computer Science Dept.
University of Washington
{ihnp4,decvax,ucbvax}!uw-beaver!uw-june!dtuttle

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (08/26/85)

I'm not going to restate all the conflicting opinions, just restate my own.

I thoroughly enjoy KT's reviews, and hope that he keeps them coming.  If
you are one of the fuddy-duddies (sp??) who doesn't like them, there's a
special key on your keyboard just for you...  it's located between B and M,
and just below H and J.   USE IT!!!!!!!!

I might suggest the Kelvin consider moving or (dare I say it?) cross-posting
to net.bizarre, where he would be much better received.

--Evan Marcus

P.S.  Moriarty: Ken Arndt still posts to flame about once a week.
--
{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

Kids, remember, please don't try stunts like this at home.