[comp.lang.ada] Ada Student in the UK

mph@lion.inmos.co.uk (Mike Harrison) (05/04/90)

In article <11642@june.cs.washington.edu> pattis@cs.washington.edu (Richard Pattis) writes:
>> Following reccomendations on the net, I wrote to Meridian Systems to order
>> Ada Student, which costs $50 in the USA.
>> I received a letter from the UK agents for Meridian Software Systems, a
>> company named N.A Software Ltd.  It stated that 'Whatever the price of Ada
>> Student was in the States bears no relation to the price in the UK.  The end
>> user price here is 75 pounds sterling plus VAT (15%).'
>

>I saw in the last edition of Computer Language that Programmer's Paradise
>sells this package (list $50) for $45.  I don't know anything about this
>company (which took out a 2 page color advertisement) except they have an
>international number: (201) 389-9228.  Their fax number is (201) 389-9227.
>In the US, their toll free number is 1-800-445-7899.
>
>If anyone tries this company, I'd be interested in hearing the results.

About two years ago I wanted to buy Fastback+, which was not (yet) obtainable
in the UK, but was advertised by Programmer's Paradise.

I called them, and (at the then current exchange rate) their price for
Fastback+, including air frieght, was cheaper than the obsolete version of
Fastback from UK dealers!

I gave them my credit card number, and the software arrrived about 4 days
later (buying software previously from UK dealers it had taken much longer
to arrive).

I would suggest that you give PP a call, it may be much cheaper and quicker.

Mike,

Michael P. Harrison - Software Group - Inmos Ltd. UK.
UK : mph@inmos.co.uk             with STANDARD_DISCLAIMERS;
US : mph@inmos.com               use  STANDARD_DISCLAIMERS;