[comp.lang.ada] Hoare's language preferences / how to "save" Ada

harrison@necssd.NEC.COM (Mark Harrison) (05/29/90)

In article <64997@cc.utah.edu>, RCAPENER@cc.utah.edu writes:
> In article <20054@grebyn.com>, ted@grebyn.com (Ted Holden) writes:

[Quote about Ada by Hoare]

> But Ted, all we wanted was where this quote came from.  Please, oh
> please cite the source!  Maybe I will buy the book myself.

It is in his Turing Award acceptance speech.  You can find it either
in the ACM book that has the first 25 years of collected Turing Award
speeches, or in Hoare's Selected Essays.   Sorry, I don't have the
exact titles or ISBN numbers, but this should be enough information
to get the book.
--
Mark Harrison             harrison@necssd.NEC.COM
(214)518-5050             {necntc, cs.utexas.edu}!necssd!harrison