[comp.lang.ada] WORD PROCESSOR WRITTEN IN ADA

1854cka@HICKAM-EMH.AF.MIL ("1854th CCISS/CKA") (06/13/90)

                   I N T E R O F F I C E   M E M O R A N D U M

                                        Date:      12-Jun-1990 03:16pm HST
                                        From:      1854th CCISS/CKA
                                                   1854CKA
                                        Dept:      CKA
                                        Tel No:    449-5217

TO:  Remote Addressee                     ( _INFO-ADA@AJPO.SEI.CMU.EDU )

Subject: WORD PROCESSOR WRITTEN IN ADA

We are looking for a word processor written in Ada which is capable of
outputting a flat file which contains no special characters (BCD only).
The files will be transferred to a Honeywell mainframe.

If anyone can tell me if such a thing exists and where to get it, I would be
very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Virginia Seng
1854 Command, Control, & Intelligence Support Squadron

karl@grebyn.com (Karl A. Nyberg) (06/14/90)

In article <9006130135.AA14236@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu> 1854cka@HICKAM-EMH.AF.MIL ("1854th CCISS/CKA") writes:

>Subject: WORD PROCESSOR WRITTEN IN ADA
>
>We are looking for a word processor written in Ada which is capable of
>outputting a flat file which contains no special characters (BCD only).
>The files will be transferred to a Honeywell mainframe.
>
>If anyone can tell me if such a thing exists and where to get it, I would be
>very grateful.

[This is starting to  sound like a broken record...]

Check out the Ada Software Repository at wsmr-simtel20.army.mil.  In
particular, you should look at the files in pd2:<ada.editors>.  Also, the
STARS software has some editors, I believe.

-- Karl --

Karl A. Nyberg				karl@grebyn.com
Post Office Box 497			Grebyn Corporation
Vienna, VA 22183-0497 USA		+1-703-281-2194