[net.movies] VOLUNTEERS - that Wantanabe guy

danb@tesla.UUCP (Dan Blumenthal) (09/02/85)

In article <629@usl.UUCP> jla@usl.UUCP (Joe Arceneaux) writes:
>In article <2545@vax4.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>> credit MUST be given Gedde Watanabe, who plays Hanks' interperter and
>> general sidekick, and may have most of the really funny lines in the movie
>> (with his high, accented voice, even an cast-off joke can be pretty
>> humourous).  Between Watanabe, Candy and Hanks, the last half hour goes very
>
>I agree. This guy (Watanbe) is great!  I'm sure I've seen him in other stuff,
>can anyone remember?  Was he the undercover man who gets blown away in
>"Year of the Dragon?"

I remember him as the Chinese exchange student in Sixteen Candles -
Long Duck Dong was his character's name.

He was great in Volunteers, but 16 Candles didn't give him much of a role.

Dan B

arpa   - danb@telsa.ARPA
uucp   - {decvax,vax135,allegra}!cornell!tesla!danb
bitnet - zippy@crnl20a,ak7j@cornella