[comp.lang.ada] Wanted: Ada parser/yacc

rdiaz@turbo.bio.net (Ron Diaz) (08/01/90)

I am looking for a Ada yacc/parser generator  which will run on a
VMS operating system.   Any information concerning commerical or
public domain tools would be most helpful.

o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o
.								  	.
.	Ron Diaz			Internet: rdiaz@genbank.bio.net .
.	IntelliGenetics 		UUCP: ames!bionet!rdiaz  	.
.	700 East El Camino Real		Phone: 415 962-7322	  	.
.	Mountain View Ca. 94040					  	.
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

news@root.fiu.edu (08/01/90)

In article <Aug.1.07.55.52.1990.4283@turbo.bio.net> rdiaz@turbo.bio.net.UUCP () writes:

>I am looking for a Ada yacc/parser generator  which will run on a
>VMS operating system.   Any information concerning commerical or
>public domain tools would be most helpful.

Ayacc and Alex are software products which take input similar to Unix's
yacc and lex but generate code in Ada.  They are available from the
Arcadia Environment Research Project, Dept. Info & Comp. Sci, U.C. Irvine.
Manual document numbers are UCI-88-16 and UCI-88-17.

blakemor@software.org (Alex Blakemore) (08/02/90)

In article <Aug.1.07.55.52.1990.4283@turbo.bio.net> rdiaz@turbo.bio.net.UUCP () writes:
> I am looking for a Ada yacc/parser generator  which will run on a
> VMS operating system.

Try ayacc and alex from arcadia.  We have had good experiences with
them on VMS.  There is also aflex which claims to be superior to
alex (which is not very efficient) but aflex didnt work for us.
We didnt have time to find out why, so we stuck with alex.
These are Ada clones of the Unix tools lex and yacc.  They are
not very Ada flavored but they work. and they are almost free.

Contact alex-info@ics.uci.edu
and     ayacc-info@ics.uci.edu

or write to

                         Arcadia Project
            Department of Information and Computer Science
                     University of California
                          Irvine, CA 92717

Alex Blakemore                       Internet: blakemore@software.org
Software Productivity Consortium     UUNET:    ...!uunet!software!blakemore
2214 Rock Hill Rd, Herndon VA 22070  Bellnet:  (703) 742-7125