[comp.lang.ada] Communicating Sequential Processes

thssbxd@iitmax.iit.edu (Bhupesh Desai) (10/04/90)

Dear Netlanders:

This is my first posting on the net, I am not sure which news group I should
post this article. As it relates to the concurrent programming language
(Communicating Sequential Processs (CSP)) I am posting it in this news group.

Does any one know of an implementation of the CSP (Communicating Sequential
Processes Language by C. A. R. Hoare). By implementation I mean a compiler
or Interpreter has been developed by any one or not ? I am trying to find If
there has been any implementation of this Concurrent language to date.

If there is any implimentation please send me mail with the details. Also if
any one knows of recent publication let me know. I have publications of CSP
till 1985/86.

+ Bhupesh Desai, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
+ thssbxd@iitmax.iit.edu
--
Send compilers articles to compilers@esegue.segue.boston.ma.us
{ima | spdcc | world}!esegue.  Meta-mail to compilers-request@esegue.

dbc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bryan Carpenter) (10/05/90)

In <4344@iitmax.IIT.EDU> thssbxd@iitmax.iit.edu (Bhupesh Desai) writes:
>Does any one know of an implementation of the CSP (Communicating Sequential
>Processes Language by C. A. R. Hoare). ...

I don't know of any implementaion of CSP that follows the detailed
notations of, or includes the majority of the features in, the
system described in Hoare's book - but the Occam language developed
by Inmos for Transputers (in collaboration with Hoare) has been
described as "the implemented subset of CSP".
[Dale Worley <worley@compass.com> also noted that Occam is CSP. -John]