[comp.lang.ada] Ada 9X material

RHARWOOD@EAST.Pima.edu (Ray Harwood - PASCAL Instructor) (11/01/90)

I'm curious if any Ada "evangelists" have sent for or seen any of the
Ada 9X requirements documents... and if so, what do you think?  While
I'm a little fearful of "going too far" in making Ada "The Language of
the Future", some of the possibilities are quite intriguing.

For your info, you can order the Draft Requirements document for $3 from
Ada Information Clearinghouse, but they charge a $13.50 "fee" for
shipping and handling!  Better to log onto their BBS at 1-800-232-9925
and spend 15 minutes downloading it!

Ray Harwood, Data Basix
PO Box 18324
Tucson, AZ 85731
AppleLink: DATA.BASIX
CompuServe: 76645,1370
Phone: (602)721-1988
FAX: (602)721-7240
Associate Faculty, Pima Community College

If you can't get in touch with me, you haven't tried!

carlsons@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Susan Carlson) (11/02/90)

In article <0F6895B54C5720C149@Arizona.edu> RHARWOOD@EAST.Pima.edu (Ray Harwood - PASCAL Instructor) writes:
>I'm curious if any Ada "evangelists" have sent for or seen any of the
>Ada 9X requirements documents... and if so, what do you think?  While
>I'm a little fearful of "going too far" in making Ada "The Language of
>the Future", some of the possibilities are quite intriguing.
>
>For your info, you can order the Draft Requirements document for $3 from
>Ada Information Clearinghouse, but they charge a $13.50 "fee" for
>shipping and handling!  Better to log onto their BBS at 1-800-232-9925
>and spend 15 minutes downloading it!
>
>Ray Harwood, Data Basix
>PO Box 18324
>Tucson, AZ 85731
>AppleLink: DATA.BASIX
>CompuServe: 76645,1370
>Phone: (602)721-1988
>FAX: (602)721-7240
>Associate Faculty, Pima Community College

The Ada Information Clearinghouse is not selling the Draft Requirements
Document or any other Ada 9X document.  We are, however, making available
to interested parties information on how to order the document from
Ada 9X document distributuion centers.

The Requirements Document is available to you free of charge on both
the AJPO host and the Ada 9X Electronic Bulletin Board.

	On the AJPO host, you can locate both ascii and postscript versions
of the report in:

	usr0/users/ftp/public/ada9x/ada9x.reports

The archived ascii file name is require.9x.Z.  The postscript file is
named v3.3.requirements.ps.

	The file is also available in the reports directory on the
Ada 9X Electronic Bulletin Board -- 1-800-ADA-9X25.

	FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT THE ADA INFORMATION CLEARINGHOUSE
			AT 703/685-1477.