[comp.lang.ada] Portable Program Performs Perfectly

RHARWOOD@EAST.Pima.edu (Ray Harwood) (11/27/90)

Michael Feldman and other Ada enthusiasts:

Your Philosopher's "system" works without change on DEC Ada. By this weekend
(time allowing) I'll try it on Meridian's AdaVantage on the Macintosh under
Mac Programmer's Workshop.  (Does Meridian have an unfair advantage here?)
If time wasn't an issue, I'd even alter the "windows" output to show pictures
of your favorite Ada gurus and Chopstick graphics being passed around a
table...

Please advise if you have any reservations about using this code and it's
"portability claims" in a classroom or consulting setting.  I think it's:
(a) cute, (b) interesting, and (c) [with a little explanation] convincing.

Ray Harwood, Data Basix
PO Box 18324
Tucson, AZ 85731
AppleLink: DATA.BASIX
CompuServe: 76645,1370
Phone: (602)721-1988
FAX: (602)721-7240
Associate Faculty, Pima Community College

mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) (11/30/90)

In article <FB0450A231A7E0090B@Arizona.edu> RHARWOOD@EAST.Pima.edu (Ray Harwood) writes:
>Your Philosopher's "system" works without change on DEC Ada. By this weekend
>(time allowing) I'll try it on Meridian's AdaVantage on the Macintosh under
>Mac Programmer's Workshop.  (Does Meridian have an unfair advantage here?)
>If time wasn't an issue, I'd even alter the "windows" output to show pictures
>of your favorite Ada gurus and Chopstick graphics being passed around a
>table...
Let me know how you emulate the vt100 screen control on the Mac. The
program will run "straight" on the Mac if you use the line-oriented Room
package. One day we will do the pretty picture you suggest.

>Please advise if you have any reservations about using this code and it's
>"portability claims" in a classroom or consulting setting.  I think it's:
>(a) cute, (b) interesting, and (c) [with a little explanation] convincing.
I don't mind it the least. That's why I posted it. I'll never get rich
at this, but it's fun and maybe I'll get famous :-).
Prof. Michael Feldman
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052
202-994-5253