[net.movies] Tightrope spoiler

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) (09/12/85)

In article <1765@saber.UUCP> msc@saber.UUCP (Mark Callow) writes:
>> Chuqui writes about "Tightrope"
>>     big gripe: Eastwood's girlfriend teaches anti-rape self defense, and
>>     yet when she is attacked and given an opening to really do some damage
>>     to the attacker, she just sits there and waits for the police to come
>>     to rescue her. A BIG break in character, and they completely miss a
>>     scene they set up quite well earlier when she was doing a number on an
>>     example dummy.
>
>Either you fell asleep or the version on your video tape wasn't the same as
>that shown on Showtime last Sunday night.  Genevieve Bujold stabbed her
>attacker with a pair of scissors.  I distinctly remember the blood spurting
>out (ugh!).  She most definitely didn't sit there and wait to be rescued.
>So she didn't kick him in the balls like she did the dummy.  Is that such
>a break in character?

She stabbed him twice, actually, while she was being held from behind. They
then broke, and he then grabbed her again from the front. At that point she
should have done something, but she essentially slumped down and let
herself be throttled until Eastwood popped in to the rescue. She started
out fighting appropriately, but when push came to shove, she played damsel
in distress and just sat there. (The second half of the fight was a break
in character???)

chuq
--
Chuq Von Rospach nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA {decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!chuqui

An uninformed opinion is no opinion at all. If you dont know what you're
talking about, please try to do it quietly.