[comp.lang.ada] Unchecked conversions in Mac Meridian Ada

westley@mercury.uucp (Terry J. Westley) (01/05/91)

In article <14@lgnp1.ls.com> paulr@ls.com (Paul Raulerson) writes:
>the Meridian
>compiler on the Mac is, well..... Let me just give you an example.
>The sample programs that come with it start off with about a
>page and half of unchecked coversions.  Most depressing.

I just purchased this compiler and am using it to learn Mac ToolBox
programming.  I've gotten the impression that the reason for these
unchecked conversions is because of the design of the Mac, not because
of Ada or any strange thing Meridian has done.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

So far, this compiler seems fairly reasonable in the Mac/MPW
environment, although it is excrutiatingly slow on my SE.

--
Terry J. Westley
Arvin/Calspan Advanced Technology Center