[comp.lang.ada] Ada compilers for Intel 860 and 960

howell@COMMUNITY-CHEST.MITRE.ORG (Chuck Howell) (01/17/91)

I can only find one Ada compiler targetted for either of the about
processors in the validated compiler list:

**Scheduled for on-site testing
Tartan              SUN 3/50 (under SunOS 3.5)     Intel 80960MC on an Intel
Laboratories                                       EXV80960MC board (bare
Incorporated                                       machine)
SUN Ada960MC
Compiler V2.0

Does anyone know of any other compilers "in the pipeline" for these
targets?  I know back-ends for some other "special processor targets"
have run into some troubles with timing idiosyncracies etc. that made
the port more difficult than normal; anyone care to speculate about the
expected timeframe for Ada compilers for these targets to be mature
enough to be "production quality" (how ever you define that term...)?

Thanks for any help,
    Chuck

| Chuck Howell, M/S Z645     INTERNET: howell@community-chest.mitre.org  |
| The MITRE Corporation           OR   howell@mitre.org                  |
| 7525 Colshire Drive                                                    |
| McLean VA 22102-3481            FAX: (703) 883-5519                    |

rgc@raybed2.msd.ray.com (RICK CARLE) (01/19/91)

In article <9101162158.AA12914@community-chest.mitre.org>, howell@COMMUNITY-CHEST.MITRE.ORG (Chuck Howell) writes:
> I can only find one Ada compiler targetted for either of the about
> processors in the validated compiler list:
> **Scheduled for on-site testing
> Tartan              SUN 3/50 (under SunOS 3.5)     Intel 80960MC on an Intel
>
> Does anyone know of any other compilers "in the pipeline" for these
> targets?...

I've heard of these:
ICC      80960   validated (1.10)
DDC-I    80860   in development (announced)
Verdix   80860   in development (rumored)

	Rick Carle