[net.movies] What Kelvin Thompson is really doin

render@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA (09/13/85)

Jeff Lichtman writes:
>Kelvin Thompson has gotten a lot of flames for making fun of movies.  May I
>point out that he is making fun of movie reviewers, not the movies themselves?
>My guess is that the people who take themselves most seriously as amateur
>reviewers are the ones who fail to see the humor in Kelvin's reviews.  It
>would require them to laugh at themselves.

I know, I know, the only reason I don't like Thompson is that I am a
cretin with no appreciation for satiric writing.  Now can you put a lid
on the constant chatter about him?  It is bad enough having to skip his
articles, but now I am deluged with notes from people telling me to quit
being such a close-minded snob.  I do not care for his reviews, but I keep
quiet about them.  Can you, his loyal fans, do the same?

                                     Hal Render
                                     Dept. of Computer Science
                                     University of Illinois
                                     {pur-ee, ihnp4} ! uiucdcs ! render