[comp.lang.ada] Amiga Ada ... was

g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu ((George C. Harrison) Norfolk State University) (01/28/91)

In article <2637@sparko.gwu.edu>, mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes:
> I have received confirmation from Jim Smith of Meridian that Open Ada for
> the Apple Macintosh will be available Feb. 1 for $149.00. This is their
etc.

This has been posted on this group at least two times, but being a pain, I will
do it again:

Does anyone know of any companies developing Ada compilers for the Amiga either
under Amiga-DOS or under Unix V v.4 for the new Amiga 3000UX?

Truth, rumors, outrageous rumors, etc. are welcome.  We are considering an
Amiga UX lab for low-end workstations and would like to have at least some of
these running Ada.

George

-- George C. Harrison -------------- || -- My opinions and observations --
---|| Professor of Computer Science  || -- Only. -------------------------
---|| Norfolk State University, ---- || ----------- Pray for Peace -------
---|| 2401 Corprew Avenue, Norfolk, Virginia 23504 -----------------------
---|| INTERNET:  g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu ---------------------------------

schweige@TAURUS.CS.NPS.NAVY.MIL (jeffrey schweiger) (01/28/91)

In article <548.27a3202c@vger.nsu.edu> g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu writes:

>This has been posted on this group at least two times, but being a pain, I will
>do it again:
>
>Does anyone know of any companies developing Ada compilers for the Amiga either
>under Amiga-DOS or under Unix V v.4 for the new Amiga 3000UX?
>
>Truth, rumors, outrageous rumors, etc. are welcome.  We are considering an
>Amiga UX lab for low-end workstations and would like to have at least some of
>these running Ada.
>
>George

I know of at least two initiatives in this area.  Oxxi software (an Amiga
software publisher) has stated that they are working on an Amiga Ada compiler
(native AmigaDos mode as far as I know).  This may be the same one or a
different one than a rumor I picked up regarding Martin Taillefer (sp?) working
on an Amiga Ada compiler (Martin was largely responsible for the M2S Modula2
compiler for the Amiga).  In addition, according to Randy Brukardt, in an email
exchange I had with him, R.R. Software (Janus Ada), is considering producing
an Ada compiler for the Amiga.

The SVR4 run on the new Amiga 3000UX is supposed to be ABI compliant, so I
imagine an Ada compiler for this mode will be forthcoming.

Jeff Schweiger

Jeff Schweiger	      Standard Disclaimer   	CompuServe:  74236,1645
Internet (Milnet):				schweige@taurus.cs.nps.navy.mil