[comp.lang.ada] Realtime Ada

len@array.UUCP (Leonard Vanek) (01/15/88)

Does anybody know of Ada systems that have been specifically designed to
handle real-time (response time critical) programs. I am interested
either in compilers that have implementations of Ada tasking that can
actually handle real time events (if that is possible) or real-time add
ons such as, VRTX and ARTX, which provide real time kernels and a
library of routines to co-ordinate separate programs running as tasks.

Obviously I already know about Ready Systems' RTAda (with either VRTX or
ARTX) but if anyone has some experience with it I would still like to
hear how well it works and how easy it is to use.

I am interested in hearing about systems running on any hardware, but
please specify what it runs on, so I will be able to evaluate whether or
not I should pursue it further.

Please, do not clutter the net with gripes about how poor Ada tasking is
or is not at handling real-time applications. I already now what I am up
against.

Leonard Vanek                  UUCP: ... utzoo!dciem!array!len
Array Systems Computing Inc.     or  ... {utzoo,watmath}!lsuc!array!len
5000 Dufferin St. Suite 200    INTERNET: len@array.UUCP
Downsview, Ont. M3H 5T5        Phone: (416) 736-0900
Canada                         FAX:   (416) 736-4715

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (01/30/91)

In article <14718@june.cs.washington.edu> pattis@cs.washington.edu
(Richard Pattis) writes:
>        John McCormick,
>        who uses Ada in his real-time class to control a large train layout
>        will be bringing a video too.

I would be interested in hearing about this system, but I won't be going
to ACM/SIGCSE.
Could someone provide me with John's e-mail address?

Thanks.

Herb Poppe             hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu
NCAR                      (303) 497-1296
1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO  80307-3000