[comp.lang.ada] Which language missed DoD deadline and gave birth to Ada?

andrew@resam.dk (Leif Andrew Rump) (01/31/91)

There was a (better - I was told) computer language that didn't make it
to the deadline (they missed by one hour - I was (also) told because of
a traffic jam). Could somebody please give me some more information.

Leif Andrew

Leif Andrew Rump, AmbraSoft A/S, Stroedamvej 50, DK-2100 Copenhagen OE, Denmark
UUCP: andrew@ambra.dk, phone: +45 39 27 11 77                /
Currently at Scandinavian Airline Systems                =======/
UUCP: andrew@resam.dk, phone: +45 32 32 51 54                \
SAS, RESAM Project Office, CPHML-V, P.O.BOX 150, DK-2770 Kastrup, Denmark

rgc@raybed2.msd.ray.com (RICK CARLE) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan31.095624.9034@resam.dk>, andrew@resam.dk (Leif Andrew Rump) writes:
> There was a (better - I was told) computer language that didn't make it
> to the deadline (they missed by one hour - I was (also) told because of
> a traffic jam). Could somebody please give me some more information.

This has got to be a joke.  Perhaps the other language shared Ada's
DELAY (till) statement.  Or perhaps John Goodenough planted this rumor
so he could ensure that Ada 9X allows rate monotonic scheduling.
Or maybe it's true?
	Rick Carle

hp0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hokkun Pang) (02/02/91)

>there was a (better - I was told) computer language that didn't make it
>to the deadline (they missed by one hour - I was (also) told because of
>a traffic jam). Could somebody please give me some more information.

could it be Comal 80?  :-) :-)