[comp.lang.ada] Emacs ERROR_PATTERN for VADS

bachww@motcid.UUCP (Bud Bach) (02/05/91)

a.error is the Verdix tool that, used in conjunction with the compiler,
will insert error lines into the source file.  a.error will optionally
invoke an editor on a source file with errors and search for an error
pattern.  Kind of a poor mans (rich mans?) TurboAda.

Can anyone help me with the ERROR_PATTERN to use for GNU Emacs in
conjunction with the Verdix a.error tool?  Thanks.  -- Bud

--
Bud Bach - Consultant				c/o Motorola
708 632-6611					Cellular Infrastructure Group

lrs@indetech.com (Lynn Slater x2048) (02/08/91)

In article <6422@saffron12.UUCP> bachww@motcid.UUCP (Bud Bach) writes:
>a.error is the Verdix tool that, used in conjunction with the compiler,
>will insert error lines into the source file.  a.error will optionally
>invoke an editor on a source file with errors and search for an error
>pattern.  Kind of a poor mans (rich mans?) TurboAda.

Seems kind of awkward to insert into the original file and then need a
special tool to use this information.

>Can anyone help me with the ERROR_PATTERN to use for GNU Emacs in
>conjunction with the Verdix a.error tool?  Thanks.  -- Bud

Gnu Emacs Ada can run verdix in a shell, parse the output, and use this
info to place the cursor in the correct file at the right place or even to
lookup the error explination in the ADA language reference. If also offers
syntatic editing on the fly.

Like most good end user software, this is free.

Write gnu-emacs-ada-request@grebyn.com for a copy, or if this fails, write
lrs@indetech.com

Lynn Slater -- lrs@indetech.com or {sun, ames, pacbell}!indetech!lrs
42075 Lawrence Place, Fremont Ca 94538
Office (415) 438-2048; Home (415) 793-1864; Fax (415) 438-2034