[comp.lang.ada] SPC Ada Style Guide

yow@magic.Berkeley.EDU (Billy Yow 283-4009) (02/06/91)

Does anyone have software that inforces the SPC Ada style guide rules or
at least produces reports on violations.  Or is there any software that
can be configured to inforce any style guide rules.

                                            Bill Yow
                                            yow@sweetpea.jsc.nasa.gov
                                            (713) 283-4051
My opinions are my own.

braun@CTC.CONTEL.COM (Chris Braun x4475) (02/12/91)

There is a company in Virginia (some ex-SPC people) that is currently
building software that enforces or checks for these guidelines.  I don't
know how far along they are.  The company is called Software Design and
Analysis and they are, I believe in Reston, Virginia.  You could probably
find their number through information.  If not, I expect someone at the
SPC (in Herndon, VA) could tell you how to get in touch.

Chris Braun
braun@ctc.contel.com

collard@software.org (David Collard) (02/15/91)

In article <9102112217.AA13004@ctc.contel.com> braun@CTC.CONTEL.COM (Chris Braun  x4475) writes:
> There is a company in Virginia (some ex-SPC people) that is currently
> building software that enforces or checks for these guidelines.  I don't
> know how far along they are.  The company is called Software Design and
> Analysis and they are, I believe in Reston, Virginia.  You could probably
> find their number through information.  If not, I expect someone at the
> SPC (in Herndon, VA) could tell you how to get in touch.
>
> Chris Braun
> braun@ctc.contel.com
Contact Lyn Uzzle
Software design and analysis, inc.
11160-f south lakes dr #303
Reston, VA 22091

(703) 476-6250

uzzle@sda.com

Tell her i said hello!

--Thor

D. Thor Collard                      Internet: collard@software.org
Software Productivity Consortium     UUNET:    ...!uunet!software!collard

jls@yoda.Rational.COM (Jim Showalter) (02/18/91)

The Rational Environment, because it retains all semantic information
in the form of DIANA trees, makes it very easy to enforce stylistic
rules at compile time, INTERACTIVELY. We have had several customers
implement a variety of design and/or implementation standards with
these mechanisms, some of which were quite complex (e.g. forbidding
particular arguments to certain pragmas depending on other attributes
of the comp unit). Cost of implementing such checking is a fraction of
the cost of starting from scratch, since without access to the underlying
DIANA the implementor basically has to redo the front-end for an Ada
compiler.
--
***** DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed herein are my own. Duh. Like you'd
ever be able to find a company (or, for that matter, very many people) with