  From anderson@uv4.eglin.af.mil Wed Mar 27 15:44:38 1991
  Date: 27 Mar 91 14:31:00 CST
  From: "CHRIS" <anderson@uv4.eglin.af.mil>
  Subject: Ada 9X Transition Plan
  To: "mfeldman" <mfeldman@eesun.gwu.edu>
  Cc: "anderson" <anderson@uv4.eglin.af.mil>

  Mike

  I understand that there is some confusion over my plan to encourage the
  use of Ada at universities.  When I discussed "free compilers" in the
  Ada 9X Transition Plan, my intent was not to develop compilers from
  scratch but to encourage vendors to enhance EXISTING PRODUCTS for
  the university marketplace.  I also agree with comments that I
  have heard that it would be advisable to do this for Ada 83 and
  then upgrade to Ada 9X rather than waiting for Ada 9X --we'll
  have to see how far the budget can stretch.  Hope this clarifies
  things.

  Chris Anderson
  Ada 9X Project Manager