[comp.lang.ada] What is Ada9x?SKIP/NEWSGROUP

g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu (George C. Harrison, Norfolk State University) (04/04/91)

In article <jls.670622633@rutabaga>, jls@rutabaga.Rational.COM (Jim Showalter) writes:
>>So what is Ada9x?. (I am a know-nothing student, interested
>>in Ada).  8-)
[lots of nice stuff]
> distribution, starting step #3. A summary of some of the goodies:

[etc.]
> 11) Assertions.
[etc.]

Please excuse my ignorance (as always) but..

I have not heard about this being in Ada9x.  I understand that it was in the
original pre-standard Ada and later rejected.

We academical types would certainly love to see it again.

If this is indeed the case, does anyone have the [proposed] syntax for the
assertions?  And, if so, are the syntax diagrams the same as they were in the
pre-standard days?

George.......
-- George C. Harrison                              -----------------------
----- Professor of Computer Science                -----------------------