[comp.lang.ada] Showalter abandons Ada?!?

rcd@ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) (05/02/91)

jls@rutabaga.Rational.COM (Jim Showalter), a fervent Ada advocate, writes:

> It is not my objective to offend people, but, rather, to try to educate
> them. If my choice of language is thwarting that objective, it is easy
> enough to modify, and I'll do so in the future.

I guess Jim is finally going over to the C++ camp.  Never thought I'd see
the day.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd@ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.

jls@netcom.COM (Jim Showalter) (05/09/91)

>jls@rutabaga.Rational.COM (Jim Showalter), a fervent Ada advocate, writes:

>> It is not my objective to offend people, but, rather, to try to educate
>> them. If my choice of language is thwarting that objective, it is easy
>> enough to modify, and I'll do so in the future.

>I guess Jim is finally going over to the C++ camp.  Never thought I'd see
>the day.

You STAB me to the HEART, Sir! Capitulate and start writing in C++? I'd
rather eat dirt (besides, I spent a fair amount of last year investigating
C++...can I GO now?).

Isn't ambiguity wonderful? I of course never parsed "If my choice of language"
to mean computer language. To be completely clear I should have written
"If my use of colorful language".